Carpe Diem: Creating Commencement HypePosted: May 15, 2012 | |
It’s that time of year again; time to celebrate Graduation and recognize your students for everything they have achieved.
If you’re a readMedia client and you haven’t sent out your first badge, now it the time! All readMedia clients have the ability to publish and email a personalized achievement for every Graduation candidate. Each student’s tailored achievement comes with a super cool badge that they can easily share on Facebook, Twitter, or any social media network. These achievements and badges can be created, emailed, and posted online with very little effort.
Our Best Practices post gives you tips, benefits, and useful how-to guides for:
- Adding distinctions or “Honors” to your Commencement template
- Dressing up your Commencement story
- Preparing back-to-back Achievements
- Including Mom and Dad
Additionally, we encourage any client looking for a basic overview on how to send an Achievement to register for our 30 minute “readMedia Refresher.” The webinar will cover:
- importing a spreadsheet,
- composing a template,
- sending your Achievement (to every student, parent, and hometown newspaper), and
- viewing your Report, Web Statistics, and tracking traffic and social media shares.
If you need inspiration, take a gander at this impressive selection of past and present Graduation announcements:
- Eastern Connecticut State University >>
- Armstrong Atlantic State University >>
- Ashland University >>
- Herkimer County Community College >>
In closing, we’re of the philosophy, “It’s better to have and not need, than want and not have.” So, we’ve compiled a list of popular links that will ensure you have what you need to succeed.
- Editorial Checklist >>
- Learn from peer institutions >>
- Training and videos >>
- readMedia Guide >>
- readabout.me Guide >>
If we’ve missed anything or you’re just plain overwhelmed, contact us, we live for helping you – and we’re not being facetious. On the flip-side, feel free to reach out and let us know how much you love readMedia.
- The readMedia Team